Marvel's Spider-Man is a video game based on the Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man, developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released worldwide on September 7, 2018 for the PlayStation 4, as the first licensed game developed by Insomniac.
The game follows Peter Parker, a 23-year-old college graduate and lab assistant who gained superhuman abilities after being bitten by a radioactive spider. Peter is in his eighth year of crime-fighting under his super heroic alter ego of Spider-Man, who has become highly experienced at this point, but struggles to balance his superhero and personal lives.
Marvel's Spider-Man is an open-world action-adventure title that allows the player to control Spider-Man throughout Manhattan, New York City. Spider-Man fights enemies with his brawler moveset and a wide array of web gadgets. At key points in the story, the player also controls Peter Parker (outside of his Spider-Man identity), Mary Jane Watson, and Miles Morales.More about Marvel's Spider-Man
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Know how to edit? Consult our Manual of Style and policies and guidelines to better see article standards.
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them.
- Uploading game screenshots is another way to help out. Check for pages in need of images. Don't forget to add categories and a description!
- Check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- Clean up articles that are in need of attention.
- Fix maintenance reports.
- ...that Marvel's Spider-Man is Insomniac Games' first licensed game?
- ...that suits have to be crafted in-game and are also shown in cutscenes?
- ...that the Advanced Suit appears in the 2018 film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, as one of the several suits collected by the Peter Parker of Miles Morales's universe?